Why settle for processed popcorn when you can make it in just 10 minutes. We tweaked a version from Simply Recipes using our high smoke point, Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil for a delicious & healthy snack. Toss with drizzled olive oil, parmesan cheese, salt or your favorite spices.
Makes 2 quarts
- 3 Tbsp Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup high quality (preferably non GMO) popcorn kernels
- 1 3-quart covered saucepan
- 1 Tbsp or more (to taste) ofoil
- Salt, spices to taste
- Heat the oil in saucepan over a medium flame
- To ensure evenly popped corn, place 3 or 4 popcorn kernels into the oil & cover the pan
- When the kernels pop, add 1/3 cup of popcorn kernels in an even layer
- Cover, remove from heat & count to 30. (This first heats the oil to the right temperature & waiting 30 seconds allows the other kernels to a near-popping temperature so whencooking resumes, they pop evenly)
- Return the pan to the medium heat & cover
- The popcorn should begin popping together. As popping increases, gently shift the pan back & forth over the heat
- Continue to shift the pan over the heat & for crispier popcorn keep the lid slightly ajar to release steam from pan
- As the popping decreases to several seconds between pops, remove pan from the heat & transfer the popcorn to a wide bowl.
- Lightly drizzle oil over the popcorn & toss to distribute.
- Season to taste & enjoy!