Are you still trying to find that perfect side dish for your holiday dinner? We have you covered. These Sautéed Green Beans with Toasted Almonds are sure to impress! With Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Villa Gabriella Organic Balsamic Vinegar, this recipe brings a healthy twist to a traditional green bean recipe. The toasted almonds add the perfect touch! Happy Holidays!
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 16 oz fresh French Green Beans, rinsed
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- ¼ cup low sodium vegetable broth, divided
- ¼ cup toasted almonds
- In a large sauté pan, warm butter and olive oil over medium heat (just until the butter is melted)
- Add green beans and sliced shallots
- Next, add balsamic vinegar and seasonings
- Toss green beans with tongs until all seasonings are evenly distributed
- Adjust heat as needed from medium to medium low and sauté for 5-7 minutes
- Add 2 tbsp of broth and toss green beans
- Cover and cook until desired tenderness, tossing and adding broth as needed to ensure green beans do not scorch!
- Once green beans are cooked, garnish with toasted almonds
- Place almonds in a small sauté pan
- Mist almonds with cooking oil and toss to coat
- Toast until golden, mixing half way through
Tried, Tasted & True! At Villa Gabriella Organic our team tries & tastes every recipe we feature. While we love to share our family recipes & those of talented home cooks & chefs, sometimes we adapt them so they are even easier to make. As with our products, our goal is for you to have a healthy & delicious experience using Villa Gabriella recipes. So try them out in your kitchen, feel free to tweak them & please tell us what you think.
We welcome your comments & feedback!
Grazie da Team VILLA GABRIELLA