We know popcorn is a delicious snack, but did you know?
Popcorn is a whole grain & its simplest form a low fat, low calorie, healthy food. 3 cups of popcorn are equal to one serving from the grain group. Organic popcorn is not genetically modified, without artificial additives or preservatives. Popcorn is sugar free, provides energy-producing complex carbohydrates & contains the fiber our bodies need! Celebrate National Popcorn Day with this easy recipe we modified using our high smoke point, Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil for a delicious & healthy snack. Toss with drizzled olive oil, parmesan cheese, salt or your favorite spices.
Makes 2 quarts
- 3 Tbsp. Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup high quality (preferably non GMO) popcorn kernels
- 1 3-quart covered saucepan
- 1 Tbsp. or more (to taste) ofoil
- Salt, spices to taste
- Heat the oil in saucepan over a medium flame. To ensure evenly popped corn, place 3 or 4 popcorn kernels into the oil & cover the pan
- When the kernels pop, add 1/3 cup of popcorn kernels in an even layer
- Cover, remove from heat & count to 30. (This first heats the oil to the right temperature & waiting 30 seconds allows the other kernels to a near-popping temperature so when cooking resumes, they pop evenly)
- Return the pan to the medium heat & cover
- The popcorn should begin popping together. As popping increases, gently shift the pan back & forth over the heat
- Continue to shift the pan over the heat & for crispier popcorn keep the lid slightly ajar to release steam from pan
- As the popping decreases to several seconds between pops, remove pan from heat covered, let sit 2 minutes.
- Transfer popcorn to a wide bowl
- Lightly drizzle oil over the popcorn & toss to distribute
- Season to taste & enjoy!
- Recipe Source
HOW DID THIS RECIPE GO? DID YOU ADD ANOTHER INGREDIENT TO MAKE IT EVEN BETTER? PLEASE SHARE YOUR COMMENTS & FEEDBACK WITH US! WE WANT YOU TO HAVE A HEALTHY & DELCIOUS EXPERIENCE!
GRAZIE DA TEAM VILLA GABRIELLA