Once you learn how to make this balsamic glaze, you are going to want to put it on everything! Drizzle your leftovers on salads, strawberries, prosciutto and cantaloupe, vanilla ice cream...the opportunities are endless!
Balsamic Glaze (Yields approximately 1/2 cup)
1 cup of Villa Gabriella Organic Balsamic Vinegar di Modena
1 tablespoon sugar
A pinch of salt
Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pistachios (if desired)
Sea salt & pepper
- Pour 1 cup of Villa Gabriella Organic Balsamic Vinegar di Modena into a saucepan with sugar and pinch of salt. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes or until mixture decreases by almost half and becomes syrupy.
- While waiting for mixture, preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brush Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil on both sides of sliced bread.
- Place in oven for 6 minutes, flip over, then place in oven for another 6 minutes.
- Start stacking your sandwiches with mozarrella, tomato, prosciutto & basil. Sprinkle with pistachios, sea salt & pepper.
- Once your balsamic glaze is ready, drizzle on top on your sandwich!
- Refrigerate glaze in an air tight container up to 1 week (add balsamic vinegar for desired consistency after refrigerated)
Tried, Tasted & True!
At Villa Gabriella Organic our team tries & tastes every recipe we feature. While we love to share our family recipes & those of talented home cooks & chefs, sometimes we adapt them so they are even easier to make. As with our products, our goal is for you to have a healthy & delicious experience using Villa Gabriella recipes. So try them out in your kitchen, feel free to tweak them & please tell us what you think. We welcome your comments & feedback!
Grazie da Team VILLA GABRIELLA