July is National Macaroni month! This recipe is the creation of one of our favorite people; dear friend & talented home chef Karen Forte. Together with her husband Steve, the Forte’s are generous, genuine & gracious hosts creating healthy & delicious food for family & friends no matter where the Forte family reside; Florence, Mumbai, New York, Olbia or Paris.
Always versatile pasta can be enjoyed even in warm weather using in season vegetables & fresh herbs dressed with Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Karen prepared this dish on a torrid July day while we were visiting them in Sardinia. Healthy ingredients & delicious flavors made this the perfect lunch after a morning on the beach. Great memories together with wonderful friends make this a special dish. Buon Appetito!
Serves 4 people
- 14 ounces farfalle (bow tie), penne or twist pasta
- 5 ounces tuna packed in water & drained
- 7 ounces zucchini, firm, sliced in thin rounds
- 5 tablespoons Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil plus extra to flavor
- 1 large ripe tomato, cut in chunks
- 1 medium yellow onion or 1 scallion sliced thin
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Sea salt & fresh ground pepper
- Sauté sliced onion with Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, add sliced zucchini, salt & pepper.
- Cook until onion is translucent & zucchini rounds begin to brown.
- Add the tomatoes & drained tuned to the mixture, simmer over a very low heat until most of the liquid is absorbed. Cover & set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat, add handful of coarse sea salt (kosher salt fine too).
- Add the pasta & cook according to directions or until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta, add the sauce, drizzle Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, add parsley & blend. Taste & adjust olive oil & seasonings.
- Can be made up to 5 hours ahead, cover & chill.
- Bring to room temperature, serve & enjoy!
HOW DID THIS RECIPE GO? DID YOU ADD ANOTHER INGREDIENT TO MAKE IT EVEN BETTER? PLEASE SHARE YOUR COMMENTS & FEEDBACK WITH US! WE WANT YOU TO HAVE A HEALTHY & DELICIOUS EXPERIENCE WITH OUR PRODUCTS!
GRAZIE DA TEAM VILLA GABRIELLA