Back to school, back to books & after school snacks. Award-winning author of the Let’s Eat Out Around the World Gluten Free and Allergy Free travel series of books, talented speaker & global expert on gluten free & food allergy lifetsyles, Kim Koeller recently shared her mother Vivi’s Gluten Free & Dairy Free Apple Coffeecake Learn more here!
My mom, Vivi, loved to bake, one of her favorite recipes which had been passed down for generations is her apple coffeecake. Once I was diagnosed with celiac as well as an allergy to dairy, it was trial and error until she perfected the family recipe to be gluten and dairy free with the same great mouth-watering taste!
Enjoy this delicious coffeecake with friends and family. Hint- they will never even guess that it’s free from gluten and dairy!
Ingredients to mix:
3 tablespoons of Villa Gabriella olive oil
3/4 cup organic sugar
1 egg, extra large
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup gluten free flour (I love King Arthur’s gluten free flour)
2 tsp gluten free baking powder
3 apples (you can also use peeled apples in a bag if you’re short on time!)
1/4 cup organic sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Mix olive oil and sugar well.
2. Beat egg into mixture and add almond milk. Mix well
3. Add salt, gluten free flour and gluten free baking powder. Mix well.
4. Spread batter into 9 inch greased square pan.
5. Peel and cut 3 apples into slices and arrange in rows on top of batter.
6. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
7. Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes.
8. Cool & enjoy!