We’re not ready to say “So long”….to summer! September is almost here but there are still a few warm days to enjoy. We tweaked a recipe for Spanish Sangria using artisan crafted Villa Graziella IGT Rosso Toscano red wine made with single estate, red berry rich Canaiolo, Colorino & Sangiovese organic grapes. Simple & not too sweet, no cinnamon or sugar, we used tangy citrus fruit & sparkling water for a refreshing libation. Makes 6 abundant servings.
- 1 750 ML (25.36 Oz) bottle of Villa Graziella IGT Rosso Toscano
- 2 oranges
- 2 lemons
- Peaches or apricots optional
- 1 can carbonated water, flavored soda water or ginger ale.
- Wash oranges, slice & set aside
- Wash lemons, slice, remove the seeds & set aside
- Chop peaches in thick chunks with skin on (optional)
- In a large pitcher or bowl, stir together Rosso Toscano wine, orange & lemon slices
- Add peach chunks & carbonated soda water
- Stir briskly
- Refrigerate two hours to overnight, allowing sangria to absorb the fruit flavors & citrus aromas
- Serve in frosted glasses over ice (optional)
- Enjoy with your favorite lite bites or small plates
- Refrigerate covered for 2 days
Tried, Tasted & True!
At Villa Gabriella Organic our team tries & tastes every recipe we feature. While we love to share our family recipes & those of talented home cooks & chefs, sometimes we adapt them so they are even easier to make. As with our products, our goal is for you to have a healthy & delicious experience using Villa Gabriella recipes. So try them out in your kitchen, feel free to tweak them & please tell us what you think. We welcome your comments & feedback!
Grazie da Team VILLA GABRIELLA