Sweet or Savory? Whatever you prefer, who doesn’t like cornbread? We tweaked a recipe using Villa Gabriella Certified Organic, Extra Virgin Olive Oil & fresh rosemary for golden, tender & moist bread with a hint of sweetness. Enjoy it with a glass of wine as an appetizer or serve it with our Slow Cooker Turkey Chili for lunch dinner. Yields approx. 8 slices.
- 2/3 cup Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil + more for drizzling
- 2/3 cup of buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow corn meal
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons organic sugar
- 2 tablespoons of fresh, chopped rosemary plus 2 sprigs for garnish
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425F◦ degrees, arrange rack in the oven to the center.
- Generously brush a loaf pan with olive oil.
- Place cornmeal into a large bowl, sift flour with baking soda, salt, sugar & rosemary into bowl.
- In a second bowl, lightly whisk eggs, add buttermilk, then olive oil to bowl with eggs.
- Mix on medium speed until combined.
- Combine dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients, in 2 batches, mix lightly on low speed.
- Pour batter into a loaf pan, distribute evenly, top with a drizzle of olive oil & 2 rosemary sprigs.
- Bake until golden brown approx. 25-30 minutes, or if a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven & cool approx. 15 minutes, run a knife or spatula around the edges to release. Cool 30 minutes.
- Slice & serve at room temperature. Enjoy alone with Villa Graziella Artisan Crafted IGT Bianco Toscano wine or with Our Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
Tried, Tasted & True!
At Villa Gabriella Organic our team tries & tastes every recipe we feature. While we love to share our family recipes & those of talented home cooks & chefs, sometimes we adapt them so they are even easier to make. As with our products, our goal is for you to have a healthy & delicious experience using Villa Gabriella recipes. So try them out in your kitchen, feel free to tweak them & please tell us what you think. We welcome your comments & feedback!
Grazie da Team VILLA GABRIELLA