We gathered Asiago, Gorgonzola, Parmigiano Reggiano, Pecorino Romano & even Gouda cheese ends & rinds to make a tasty spread. Modifying a recipe from a great resource we previously shared; SaveTheFood.Com, we used Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, a touch of our 8-year aged organic balsamic vinegar & Villa Graziella Bianco Toscano white wine made with organic grapes. Prepare ahead, so flavors fully blend & enjoy as a cozy winter appetizer or snack. Makes 2 cups.
1 lb assorted cheese rinds and ends, cut in ½ -1-inch chunks or pieces
3/4 cup Villa Graziella Bianco Toscano IGT white wine
2 Tablespoons Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra to flavor
½ Tablespoon unsalted butter
1 Teaspoon Villa Gabriella 8 year aged Balsamic Vinegar Di Modena
1 small shallot clove
½ teaspoon dried thyme
Set up a food processor with the chopping blade.
- Peel shallot clove & mince in the processor
- Add cheese to processor, grate
- Add olive oil & butter to processor, blend
- Add vinegar, wine & thyme to the processor, blend until smooth
- Season to taste with salt & pepper
- Remove ingredients & place in an airtight bowl or covered ramekin
- Refrigerate overnight & up to 1 week
- Top on baguette slices & heat in the broiler or on crackers
- Serve & enjoy with Villa Graziella artisan crafted Bianco Trebbiano IGT wine made with organic grapes
Tried, Tasted & True!
At Villa Gabriella Organic our team tries & tastes every recipe we feature. While we love to share our family recipes & those of talented home cooks & chefs, sometimes we adapt them so they are even easier to make. As with our products, our goal is for you to have a healthy & delicious experience using Villa Gabriella recipes. So try them out in your kitchen, feel free to tweak them & please tell us what you think. We welcome your comments & feedback!
Grazie da Team VILLA GABRIELLA