Need an idea for Friday evening dinner after a busy week? How about fresh salmon fillets glazed with Villa Gabriella Organic 8 year aged balsamic vinegar di Modena? Easy to prepare, we tweaked a recipe from allrecipes.com for a healthy & delicious dinner to start your weekend right! Serves 5 to 6.
- 6 5-ounce-fresh salmon fillets
- 1/3 cup Villa Gabriella Organic 8 Year Aged Balsamic Vinegar di Modena
- 3 tablespoons of Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons of dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- Sea salt & fresh cracked pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with foil & brush with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add garlic & cook until soft & golden, approx. 3-5 minutes, do not brown.
- Add white wine, honey, balsamic vinegar, mustard, salt & pepper.
- Simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes, until liquid thickens, remove from heat & set aside.
- Arrange salmon on foil lined baking sheet, skin side down.
- Brush fillets with balsamic glaze, season with oregano.
- Bake 10-15 minutes. To check for doneness, insert a knife on an angle into the center of salmon & gently part the meat. If opaque & flakes into small pieces, salmon is cooked.
- Remove fillets from oven, brush with remaining glaze, season with salt & pepper, allow fillets to “rest” 2-3 minutes & remove skin.
- Serve & enjoy with Villa Graziella artisan crafted IGT Bianco Toscano white wine made with organic grapes.
Tried, Tasted & True!
At Villa Gabriella Organic our team tries & tastes every recipe we feature. While we love to share our family recipes & those of talented home cooks & chefs, sometimes we adapt them so they are even easier to make. As with our products, our goal is for you to have a healthy & delicious experience using Villa Gabriella recipes. So try them out in your kitchen, feel free to tweak them & please tell us what you think. We welcome your comments & feedback!
Grazie da Team VILLA GABRIELLA