It’s finally here-Summer!! Pull out the grill & celebrate the warm weather! We modified Diana Rossen Worthington’s recipe using Villa Gabriella Organic 8 year aged balsamic vinegar di Modena & Villa Gabriella Organic extra virgin olive oil. No synthetic sugars or sweeteners, the balsamic’s naturally tangy flavors blend with fresh, full bodied olive oil for a tasty summer tradition. We chose NY strip steak, use any cut of beef, chicken, turkey, lamb or salmon. Makes 4-8 servings
- 4 pieces of fresh meat 1- 1 1/2 pound each, add ½ pound if bone-in
6 tablespoons Villa Gabriella Organic balsamic vinegar
4 tablespoons Villa Gabriella Organic olive oil
2 finely minced fresh garlic cloves
2 finely minced shallots cloves
Fresh rosemary if cooking beef, poultry or lamb, 1 sprig per piece of meat
Freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk marinade ingredients together in a medium bowl
- Place meat in a nonaluminum container or dish & pour marinade to thoroughly coat meat
- Refrigerate & marinate 2 to 8 hours, turning meat portions over once
- Prepare barbecue or grill for medium-high heat cooking. Or preheat oven broiler
- Grill or broil meat approx. 3 inches from heat until grill marks appear & meat is cooked medium rare, approx. 4-5 mins. per side. (For medium to well done, additional 3-5 minute per side)
- Using a meat or instant read thermometer, test meat for 130°F temperature
- Remove meat from heat, place on clean platter or container
- Arrange rosemary sprigs on meat, cover loosely with foil, allow to rest 10-12 minutes
- Plate whole meat pieces or slice diagonally & arrange on a platter.
- Serve & enjoy with Villa Graziella Chianti DOCG Riserva made with organic grapes
Tried, Tasted & True!
At Villa Gabriella Organic our team tries & tastes every recipe we feature. While we love to share our family recipes & those of talented home cooks & chefs, sometimes we adapt them so they are even easier to make. As with our products, our goal is for you to have a healthy & delicious experience using Villa Gabriella recipes. So try them out in your kitchen, feel free to tweak them & please tell us what you think. We welcome your comments & feedback!
Grazie da Team VILLA GABRIELLA