We used our 8-year aged organic balsamic vinegar to make a luscious reduction. No need to add sugar or other ingredients, we slowly simmer the vinegar for 60 minutes over a low heat. Bursting with complex, natural flavors coming from the various woods the vinegar ages in, we drizzled our reduction on Apple Walnut Crostoni. A glaze on grilled steak or chops, dress steamed or roasted veggies, top fresh avocado slices & shaved fennel or on spring greens; the delicious & healthy combinations are endless!
- 1 cup Villa Gabriella Organic 8 year aged, balsamic vinegar
- In a medium sauce pan, add balsamic vinegar
- Simmer over medium heat 10-15 minutes or until vinegar begins to bubble
- Stir slowly & reduce heat to low for 45 minutes until vinegar thickens & reduces
- Place a spoon in the reduction, if vinegar coats the spoon remove from the heat
- Set aside & allow to cool
- Pour into air tight jar or container, store in cupboard away from heat, light & air. Vinegar can be re-heated over low heat, add a small amount of water if necessary.
Tried, Tasted & True!
At Villa Gabriella Organic our team tries & tastes every recipe we feature. While we love to share our family recipes & those of talented home cooks & chefs, sometimes we adapt them so they are even easier to make. As with our products, our goal is for you to have a healthy & delicious experience using Villa Gabriella recipes. So try them out in your kitchen, feel free to tweak them & please tell us what you think. We welcome your comments & feedback!
Grazie da Team VILLA GABRIELLA